"In order to experience the rainbow, we must first survive the storm" - Joanne Cacciatore

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another Dr Appt Today...

I know I just had a big peri appt update last Friday, but we had another OB appt today.I got so many questions answered!

They CAN in fact do the BPP's at the OB's office here in town!OB doesn't do them himself, but his u/s tech has worked for the peri for years and is very familiar with them.

Also, my OB thinks we can get around having an amnio even though it's state law before induction simply b/c peri recommends it at 37 weeks regardless of amnio results. The idea being to keep her from dying and making sure I get to take a living baby home trumps everything. But even if not, he himself does maturity amnios all the time so it's a non-issue about me having to drive over 3 hours to the peri for it (like I was afraid of). He can do it quickly if needed.

I have already scheduled my doppler flow study, full anatomy scan, and BPP for 28 weeks on 7/1. At that point I will do BPP's weekly and the doppler flow with full anatomy scan monthly from then on. He'll have me switch to heparin a few weeks before and drop the baby aspirin. Then I will do my last injection the day before induction. Right now, he's looking at around 9/3 for induction, but we will tweak that and schedule once we get closer! So exciting to have a possible date!

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading some of your story. Your precious baby Jack was beautiful. I am so sorry for the loss you suffered. I was tagged the other day and was lead to your sight after checking tag after tag after tag. I hope you don't mind me following you. I am so excited about your new baby. I will pray for all of you and especially you daughter. Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing her face. Take care and God Bless

    ReplyDelete