The placenta is the perfect color, no dark spots. The doppler flow (measures bloodflow through placenta) he said might very possibly be the best # he's seen at 24 weeks (I'm really early for the doppler flow). Jack died full term of a clotted placenta, so blood flow is of utmost importance.
He kept going on and on about how gorgeous my fluid was, I almost felt inclined to blush and say "thanks." Seriously, he was hilarious.
They want a BPP weekly starting at 28 weeks (if they can do them at my OB here in town...which OB isn't sure about). The BPP (biophysical profile) combines both NST (non-stress test) and fluid measurment along with other indicators of fetal wellbeing. IF BPP is not available at OB, then I am to do NST TWICE each week starting at 28 weeks until the end (woh that's a lot of Dr appts) along with a fluid check once a week. We do know the OB can do that much here. Obviously, I can't drive 3 hours twice a week for the entire 3rd tri, so I'm thankful those can be done here.
Apparently the fluid is a big deal b/c it means baby is peeing. And baby only pees if she is hydrated. And if baby was not getting good blood flow, then baby would not be hydrated. So, it's actually an indicator of good placental bloodflow as well. A sudden reduction in fluid near the end would be reason for alarm b/c it could mean things are clotting up again.
He doesn't suggest an amnio before induction. Long story, but he thinks we need to go at 37 weeks regardless. The increased risk for brain bleeds and all other problems is 0% from normal at 40 weeks. The increased risk for breathing problems is 3%. He says I should take the 97% chance she will be fine as opposed to my baby dying between 37-38 weeks. Yes, he actually said that. Fine with me, I'm glad he takes the whole history thing seriously.
Also, I'm to start kick counts now, which I have started. He said it reduces stillbirth risk by 50%...which of course I already knew that and had just started them the night before the appt.
Here are some pics. Since I haven't posted any ultrasound pics all pregnancy, I thought I would post them all here. The pics from the ultrasound on Friday are at the very bottom. I was one day shy of 24 weeks. We gave our scanner to our admin for the side business, so I had to take photographs of them, so they are a little blurry, but anyway:
6 WEEKS:
7 WEEKS:
8 WEEKS:
9 WEEKS:
12 WEEKS (Nuchal Scan):
17 WEEKS:
21 WEEKS:
24 WEEKS:












No comments:
Post a Comment