
We left halfway through the movie "Transformers" on that Friday to go to the hospital because I knew something was wrong. Unfortunately, I knew it a little too late. I was induced once they verified that the heartbeat was no longer there. The labor and delivery went very smoothly.
He was born with the cord wrapped around his neck. We were told at the time that this may have been the cause of death. However, after the pathology report came back from the placenta, we found out the the placenta was 40% massive perivillous fibrin deposition. This means the placenta was basically clotted and failed. I was tested for clotting disorders due to this and we learned that I do have a clotting disorder that caused this. The bad thing is it could have been prevented with a huge success rate by giving myself daily shots during pregnancy and baby aspirin to thin my blood. The good thing is now we know.
I have to be on a prescription vitamin (to keep my homocysteine levels down) and a baby aspirin each day for the rest of my life because I am at an increased risk for arterial disease, stroke and venous thrombosis. Jack very well may have saved my life and the lives of any future siblings. We try to think of it this way...his life had huge meaning and purpose.
We miss you and love you dearly, Jack! You will always be our first born.
No comments:
Post a Comment