"In order to experience the rainbow, we must first survive the storm" - Joanne Cacciatore

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

He Will Always Be In The Details

SOOOOO, we cleaned out Jack's room over a week ago. I haven't had the emotional energy to post about it because I can't really get my thoughts together. Matt and I spent a bit of time wading through it all. We went through all the clothes (we had a ton) and took out the gender neutral stuff. Then we sorted through the clothes and picked out some outfits to turn into a baby blanket/quilt for Jack's little sister. Matt took his name off the wall. We boxed the rest of the boy clothes up and put them in storage. 

I also already painted the room. I think Matt thinks I'm nuts! I mean, she isn't even technically viable yet! I got out of school last Wednesday and had the room finished by Friday! I just had this really big drive to get it ready. I'm not sure if it's nesting or if it's me wanting to move on. Matt thinks I needed something to throw myself into...because once it's done I'll have nothing left to do all summer except worry. Well, it didn't take long for me to get it all decorated and done. There was only one wall to paint and the rest was just touches. It's so cute, but I have not taken a picture yet. I will take some later and post them. 

As I was painting over the blue with pink, I noticed some edges along the popcorn ceiling and along the baseboards will alway have a teesy tiny bit of that blue on them. You just can't paint the exact same line twice. You'd never notice unless you looked for it. But as I was painting I had tears in my eyes. I LOVED that robin's egg blue we had in his room. But I find solace in the fact that he will always be in those outer edges and corners if I get up close and look really hard. Jack will always be in the details.

Photobucket



4 comments:

  1. Em, I'm absolutely in tears. He will always be there. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're always with us, always. What a beautiful, apt observation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm nearly 25 weeks pregnant with my third baby, a boy ... after having lost his sister and then his brother. If this baby lives (!!) he will grow up surrounded by memories of his brother and sister. It's not just the details ... it's our life and it will (hopefully!!) be his.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily- that is so sweet, had me choked up a bit thinking about sweet little Jack sharing his room with his baby sis - Erin

    ReplyDelete