"In order to experience the rainbow, we must first survive the storm" - Joanne Cacciatore

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day

Well, last weekend was Memorial Day and here are a few pictures. We went to the lake for a few hours on Saturday. Peri gave the go-ahead as long as the water wasn't rough and I wasn't thrown around since I'm on Lovenox. But it was REALLY smooth and we were pretty much anchored the whole time anyway. I drank a lot of water. I definitely got a sunburn, but no worries about overheating since I had to pee every 20 minutes and the lake water was freezing! LOL.  

Here we are, 23 weeks pregnant with baby girl. The water was pretty gross, but Dr assured me it was safe for me to get in as long as my water wasn't broken. :)
Photobucket

And then on Monday we grilled burgers and brats at our house for some friends. It was a lot of fun as well! Here are some pics from that:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

AAAAAAAAND just for kicks....here are some pics of the ducklings that Matt rescued a few weeks ago. He saved them in a tornado warning with the sirens going off and a storm blowing in. They were trying to run in a line in a parking lot without a mama to lead them and were only a few days old. They were not allowed near me since they can carry salmonella, but he had them with a heating pad in the garage. We took them to the zoo and they have a Wildlife Rehab intern program there. One didn't make it but the others were doing great. I watched from afar. They were cute, I must admit. So, we have decided that Matt will be a rehabber in retirement as a hobby.  :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



2 comments:

  1. You look SO darling. And those little tiny duckies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look just cuter than anything, Em. Even those baby ducks - I love that last shot of you loungin.

    ReplyDelete