I also got a lot of answers about delivery. Basically I can go to either hospital b/c I have 2 insurances. This summer I will probably call both and figure out which covers more to be honest. Both have the same level NICU and one is only better b/c they have a birthcare center (like a birthing center attached to the hospital), but I won't be using it b/c they don't allow inductions there and I'm too high risk anyway.
Sooooo.....I found out that my OB has a lot of experience inducing and delivering women on lovenox/heparin. He knows exactly when to shut off the BA and then switch to heparin. He did tell me no epidural on lovenox/heparin, however the last shot has to be at least 24 hours before. I have zero interest in going natural without an epidural...I have enough other stuff to worry about and concentrate on that is more important...like...Oh, I dunno...getting her here ALIVE. The two hospitals have different "rules" on the epidural with lovenox/heparin and how much time must pass. He said usually, you switch to heparin a week before (and stop BA then) and then take the last shot the night before and then go in the next day to be induced.
I am to be induced at 37 weeks, but both hospitals require an amnio if you induce prior to 39 weeks to check lung maturity. He said depending on the situation, they may let us go without the amnio. But I told him I didn't mind one at 36/37 weeks one bit. There's no risk to her since she's viable and I've been through one before. I'd rather know she's ready than take the small risk of a day or 2 in the NICU. So if I do that I would have to go to the big city 3 hours away unless I have the ONLY MFM/Perinatologist here do it...which I absolutely wouldn't do because I don't trust her as far as I can throw her (long story). So we would go to the big city for it a few days before to get the amnio and make sure she is ready. He said we would figure out exact dates and they'd walk me through it closer to time.
And...they have NST and BPP capability along with doppler flow capability there at the OB (they stole the only MFM Dr' here's long time best u/s tech from her so she can do it all)....so I go to the big city at 24 weeks for doppler flow baselines (placenta blood flow) and can pretty much do the rest of it here at the OB (except amnio) unless I just want to go to the big city for peace of mind. Of course if there is a problem flagged at the OB with them, they'd then send me up there for a 2nd opinion and to be further checked, etc. But I have to get a new updated letter of exactly what peri from the big city wants done when so I can have it done here. Which is a good thing b/c I'm going to push for the biophysical profiles/NST tests at least every week (if not twice a week) nearing the end for my sanity. Glad to hear I don't have to drive 3 hours for those!
Also, she is measuring 1-2 weeks ahead with everything and they think she weighs exactly 1 pound.
On another note, this weekend was Mother's Day weekend. We planted a tree last year on Mother's Day 2008 in Jack's memory and here it is a year later. We were worried it wouldn't make it as none of the trees we've ever planted have survived, but this is a first!!!
And here are some pictures from Mother's Day with my family:
And Matt with the nieces...showing correct form for a Crossfit squat, haha:
And last...we had Fit Kid's Day at work last Friday, so I took some pics just because it was so much fun. And I got a minor sunburn. :)
Hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!
Oh, and I ordered the bedding for the nursery last Friday....wooo go me. So daring and full of risks! That's how it feels anyway...









Awesome news! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you ordered the bedding! That's great. And I love the pic of you and your mom - looking adorable.
ReplyDeleteJack's tree - so sweet and how wonderful that, out of all the trees, his is still there. :)