"In order to experience the rainbow, we must first survive the storm" - Joanne Cacciatore

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Boy or Girl???

Well, we have a scan this Friday in the big city at the MFM. I will be one day shy of 17 weeks so I'm REEEEAAAALLLLY hoping to get a peek at the goods!  

Many have asked if I have a "feeling."  I felt like Jack was a boy (though I wanted a boy at the time so tried to convince myself it was a girl so I wouldn't be let down). I felt like the last one I had in July was a girl and I was right. That one, I just had that feeling...it felt different than Jack. This one I feel like it is a boy again, but only b/c I feel similar to like I did with Jack. I didn't have a "feeling" at all with any of my other losses. So could be total coincidence that I only had feelings with 2 and both were right.  I mean, it is a 50/50 chance after all, right?

I have mixed feelings about the sex. Obviously I'd be happy with either after all we have been through. Naturally, I'd love a second chance at raising a son. That's pretty common when a baby is lost.  I don't want to feel like I'm replacing Jack, though.  I also feel a girl would help this entire pregnancy feel "different." And different is GOOD from an emotional standpoint.  It might help me to separate this pregnancy and keep more at a distance from what happened last time if it felt more different.  Also, I know girls are the stronger sex so if things get sticky, I feel like a girl might have a better chance of surviving.


So....I really would be happy with either and it will be an emotional ride either way!!!

Get yer votes in people!  Looks like the boys are winning so far.  The voting is just for fun.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I voted boy but am really bad at guessing. Even my own children - I thought J was a girl and Sarah was a boy. So...it's probably a girl. Or not. IDK. It's almost Friday!!

    ReplyDelete