Honestly, I thought I would be a little disappointed. I really did. Everyone who loses an infant wants that second chance with the same sex they lost. But I have to say, I am so flipping excited! I guess the closest word I can find to describe what came over me is "relief." It was like a ton of bricks lifted off my shoulders the second I saw it (way before he told us). This whole thing just "feels" so different now. And different really is good from an emotional standpoint. I feel like it's a new day!
The BEST part of all...everything was PERFECT on the Level II! He did a full anatomy scan. He looked at the brain in detail...the heart....all the organs. She is measuring just perfectly for 17 weeks! I had convinced myself on the way down that there would be a "scare." You know...a 2 vessel cord, or a choroid plexus cyst, or calcium on the heart, or an echogenic bowel...all things that can happen and usually everything is fine, but can be "soft markers." There was nothing of the sort! He even showed us her midline septum down the middle of the brain.
You know, I felt like it was a boy before, but the past 2 days all I have been able to do is browse online for girl things and look at girl stuff. I tried to look at boy stuff and think of boy names, but just kept going back to girl. I wasn't sure if that was my intuition or if it is just because there is so much more out there to buy for little girls. Turns out it may have been my intuition after all (or not...since it's a 50/50 shot anyway lol)!!! We were going to announce at Easter on Sunday, but Matt couldn't wait and already put it on facebook from his phone while we were at the Dr's office. So...
Anyway, all's good! Jack has a little sister.
CAN YOU BELIEVE I HAD A LIST AND EVEN CHECKED IT TWICE AND THE NUMBER ONE THING I FORGOT TO ASK ABOUT....MY FREAKING CERVIX LENGTH! It was at the top of my list and I looked right at it! Plus he walked me through everything he was doing very detailed and never once mentioned my cervix. I'm sure it wasn't checked. It's been a worry of mine because I've had so many D&C's. And of course I went to the bathroom afterward and got worried I was leaking fluid...but I'm sure it's just me being paranoid. GEEZE I'm an idiot. I don't go back again until 24 weeks. But I'm going to have another anatomy scan done at the OB at 20 weeks if I can. ;)
Congratulations Emily!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear your news!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you and Matt. What amazing news. YAAAAAHHHH!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news! Congrats!!
ReplyDelete