"In order to experience the rainbow, we must first survive the storm" - Joanne Cacciatore

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Goodbye Sunshine and other Randomness

So last week Matt called me early in the morning as I was pulling into work. He said, "I just wanted to let you know that I'm asking Dad if he'll take Sunny."  Ummmm....ok....what happened!?!?!?

Sunny is the kitty that Matt rescued from the soybean field when we first moved here.  She was way too young to be weaned so she had to be nursed with milk made for kittens back to health. Anyway, she always starts peeing when I get pregnant.  Being that this is my 7th pregnancy, we've had enough.

So I took her to make sure her shots were up to date last Friday and last night Matt took her over to his Dad's house.  She is already at home there!

On another note, I woke up at 3am last night and couldn't go back to sleep. Matt got up at 4am. I finally got out of bed at 4:45 and started cleaning. What else to do? My eyes burned, but I couldn't sleep. I think this is nature's way of preparing me for being up all night with a newborn.  

I love this time of year. It's starting to warm up. The past 2 days it has smelled like burning brush outside. Everyone here complains, but I love it. I guess the farmers are all burning the fields. It made outside duty at school this morning a little more enjoyable than usual.  :)

Also, I have been having this horrible pain near my tailbone...I think it's sciatic pain. It's so bad, sometimes it's all I can stand just to get from standing up to sitting down. It hurts to bend my knees or bend over or even lay in bed. I'm hoping this doesn't last the whole pregnancy or I'm in a heap of trouble! I plan to ask the Dr about it tomorrow.

So this is new...all day yesterday and all day today I haven't been able to stop imagining shopping for girl clothes. What could this mean? Hmmmmm....Maybe it just means it's more fun shopping for girls than boys!


3 comments:

  1. Emily! I am so excited to find out what you are having!! I still think boy for you though!! Can't wait for the update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg! Hope baby cooperates! Hopefully we will find out! If not, we'll have to hang tight for a few more weeks. I'm ready to buy something to help it feel more real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I cannot wait for your update later today!! So excited.

    Also, it is definitely you getting ready to be sleep deprived with a newborn.

    ReplyDelete